Happy Friday!

I did more today than I have in the past 2 weeks, so I am really tired and worn out.

I’ve been going to a wound care clinic for the issue with my foot/leg. If you don’t know, I had cellulitis on it (for the 3rd or 4th time; it’s one of those things that once you get it, you’re more likely to get it again) and it just wasn’t healing. I had a home care nurse coming out to wrap it twice a week and they referred me to the wound clinic since nothing they did was helping. So I started going there and then that home care agency dropped me because my insurance was like “oh, she’s leaving the house to go to appointments? then she’s not home bound and doesn’t need you.” Except that it’s really hard for me to get to appointments, plus hard for me to walk/stand, so I am pretty much home bound. The wound clinic heard of this issue going on and stepped in and got a new home care agency set up to come see me 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and then I only have to go to their clinic every 2 weeks.

Before I get to actually talking about my busy day, I should tell you why I have not had a busy day in so long. Last week Monday, September 29th, my mom fell. She did not have any visible broken bones, but she could not get back up on her own (or with the help of her boyfriend). She ended up calling 911 after calling her knee surgeon (she had knee replacement surgery on her right knee in April) and telling him what happened and that her leg was hurting and looked to be swelling. He suggested she go to the ER and get an x-ray done. So the emt’s got her up on the stretcher and took her to the ER. Turns out she fractured her femur! I guess that is the hardest bone to break and usually only happens in major car accidents, so she must have fallen really hard or something. She was at the hospital until last Saturday and now she’s at a rehab place. And since I have not been able to drive, she has been the one driving me to appointments and such, but since she cannot drive right now I have not been going anywhere.

Until today. I had 2 appointments last week that I had to cancel because I had no ride. One I wasn’t super important to get done immediately, but I still wanted to do it already. The second, I have no interest in and was happy to cancel. Today I had an appointment at the wound care clinic at 11:30. I wasn’t sure I was going to have a ride at first. Both my brother & sister could not help me out and of course my mom couldn’t help. Luckily my mom’s boyfriend said he would take me, even though he works tonight. That place is always busy though and I didn’t get seen until just after 12pm and did not finish until almost 1pm. Then we went to Walgreen’s so I could pick up some prescriptions I had waiting. After that he was hungry, so we stopped at Denny’s for lunch. I’ve been watching what I eat, but I had not had a decent meal since before my mom fell so I was ready for anything.

I ended up getting the Ultimate Skillet. Grilled sausage, fresh spinach, fire-roasted bell peppers and onions, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and seasoned red-skinned potatoes served on a hot sizzlin’ skillet. Topped with Cheddar cheese and two eggs. Well, minus the mushrooms for me. Mushrooms are icky! It was really, really good.

Beautiful Mess: Denny's Ultimate Skillet

After lunch we went to Safeway so I could go grocery shopping. I bought myself 3 of their ready made salads, 4 cans of soup, a huge container of salad mix, some cheese, lunch meat, sandwich thins, tv dinners, and some other things I can’t remember right now. We came home after the store, I put everything away, got my jammies on and have been relaxing with my foot up ever since.

So now I’m going to hit publish on this post, then eat a late dinner (portion of a sub sandwich and a southwest style chicken salad) while watching Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *