I was up really early this morning, 6am, and of course my stomach was screaming “feed me!”. So I did. I decided that Crepes were the way to go because my mom and I bought a 4 pound container of strawberries at the grocery store yesterday.
I looked around on allrecipes.com and foodnetwork.com for a recipe that would work for the ingredients I had and the amount of time I wanted to take and decided on this recipe.
The ingredients below is for a serving of 4, but if you click the link you can adjust the servings to however how many you want to make.
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 egg yolks
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons melted butter
1. In a large bowl, mix together the milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and melted butter until well blended.
2. Heat a crepe pan over medium heat until hot. Coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tip to spread the batter to the edges. When bubbles form on the top and the edges are dry, flip over and cook until lightly browned on the other side and edges are golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
3. Fill crepes with your favorite fruit, cream, caramel or even ice cream or cheese to serve.
The recipe says to just use the yolk, but I used the whole egg as someone suggests in the recipe’s review section. For never having made crepes before, I think these came out really well. Like I said above I adjusted the recipe to only make 4 servings and that gave me 8 crepes. I made a icing/glaze from powdered sugar and milk and of course used a bunch of strawberries. They tasted like thin pancakes and I wish I had more. lol