SF Pride 2007

I went to the Pride parade in San Francisco this weekend. It was lots of fun and I got to hang out with friends I haven’t seen in a while. I meant to leave for San Leandro (to pick up my friend Kennedy) at 9:30am, but didn’t get out the door until 10am. I stopped at Starbuck’s for some caffeine and got to her place a little after 11am. We took BART to SF and met up with my friend Lori Beth (who drove up from LA) and her friend Katrina. As the parade ended we met up with our friend Cat and walked around the celebration area, where Katrina proceeded to stop tons of hunky boys and ask if she could take their picture. Around 5:30pm we met up with another friend, N, and walked down to the Westfield mall for dinner. I got a sandwich (sooo fancy huh? lol) and lemonade at a place that I don’t know the name of and a double chocolate eclair at Beard Papa Sweets Cafe. The eclair was sooooooooooooo good. I really only picked the sandwich place because it was close to our table and I was tired of walking. lol

After eating and lots of talking and laughing we left the mall and decided to go to the Buena Vista (an Irish Coffee shop). We decided to take the trolley up there and went across the street to get in line. Cat left us at that point because I believe she said she had an early day. Katrina asked the trolley man if we were on the correct trolley (as one of them lets you off right across the street from the place) and he said yes. Then we got to the end of the line and there was no coffee place/bar. He says to walk so many blocks this-a-way, turn right and then go so many more blocks. Bah. It took us a bit to find the place, but we finally did. We had a waitress with a grouchy attitude though. Afterwards we took a cab to a BART station and got there in record time. The driver was cool and played good music, though I’m sure he thought we were crazy laughing and talking about this and that and occasionally waving at people in the car’s next to us. We went our seperate ways at that point. N went back in the cab while the rest of us went into the BART station. Lori Beth and Katrina got on one train while Kennedy and I got on the next. I stayed over at Kennedy’s since it was late. We went to sleep about 3am, got up around 11am and hung around her place chatting until I left at 7pm.

I got back around 8:30pm, after stopping at Subway to pick up a sandwich and at Starbucks where I got a Tazo Passion Shaken Iced Tea & Lemonade. I’d never gotten one before, but it was really really good! I knew there was no way I’d be able to stand up and make myself something for dinner so I dealt with hobbling into Subway. lol Luckily I was able to go through the drive-thru for the Tea/Lemonade. I’ve been taking Tylenol 8-hour, but it hasn’t helped with the pain in my calves. I had my mom get me her old cane to help me. It would be easier if I could walk on my heel. Mostly I’ve been dragging myself around, only when absolutely necessary. We walked sooooooo much. lol My calves are aching and kills me to walk. I also have a huge blister on the heel of my left foot. I’m talking larger than a quarter. I’m also sunburned. Two funky stripes on my arms, my upper chest area (damn v-neck tshirts), and some of my face.

I took tons of pictures. You can find them here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *